Save money? One stop shopping? Wholesale varsity letterman jackets with custom chenille awards ready-to-wear out of the box? An online wholesale ordering system that lets you monitor order status, track packages, submit payment, and save shopping lists of frequently purchased items so reorder takes seconds? All of this is possible when you make Chenille Appeal your vendor for letter jackets and chenilles.
An Introduction to the Wholesale Varsity Letterman Jacket Industry
Whether you are a sporting goods store or other specialty retailer, sales rep, club, or private organization, if you’ve decided to enter the wholesale varsity jacket industry, there are a few things you’ll want to know. This basic introduction to the wholesale varsity jacket business was put together to explain how it works, some things you might want to watch out for as you begin conducting business, and a few of the major players. We explained some of these principles in Working with a Wholesale Letterman Jacket Awards Supplier. This is a continuation to help you go one step further.
The Basic Components of Every Wholesale Varsity Letterman Jacket
There are two major components to every wholesale varsity jacket business:
- The wholesale varsity jacket itself.
This is the actual garment that is often known as a letter jacket, letterman jacket, or varsity jacket. There are several different styles that include:
- Leather Sleeves vs. Wool Sleeves vs. Naugahyde / Vinyl Sleeves: The basic choice when it comes to sleeve construction on a wholesale varsity jacket is genuine leather (the most expensive and nicest option), wool (often made of premium melton wool, the same as the varsity jacket body itself), or fake leather, vinyl, or Naugahyde. Most wholesale varsity jacket manufacturers offer all three options at varying price points. Far and away, the most popular option based on sales volume is genuine leather sleeves. A letterman jacket is supposed to represent an investment that lasts a lifetime; you don’t take the low bid when you’re spending your hard-earned money on a keepsake that cannot be replaced.
- Sleeve Style: You can have traditional sleeves or raglan sleeves (raglan sleeves are those that go all the way up to the neck as opposed to ending at the shoulder like a traditional varsity jacket). Which choice is most popular depends entirely upon the region and school or institution tradition.
- Collar Style: There are six to twelve different collar styles that are popular when designing a wholesale varsity jacket. These are unique and most people just go with a standard collar, with byron collars and sailor collars being popular options, as well, in certain areas of the United States.
- The custom chenilles and patches that go on the wholesale varsity jacket
This includes varsity letters, chenille patches, emblems and mascots, and other chenille award products. That’s what we do here at Chenille Appeal, LLC. In an industry that normally takes 6-8 weeks to deliver, especially during the busy holiday rush season, Chenille Appeal has consistently produced wholesale chenille letters and other products in an average of 2-3 weeks, making us one of the fastest large-scale producers of custom chenille products in the United States. Our factory is located near Kansas City, Missouri, giving us a shipping advantage compared to most of our competitors, further increasing our delivery speed capabilities. This is vital because the downfall of most wholesale varsity jacket sales programs is the fact that the retailer (you) have money tied up that you can’t collect until the final chenilles are delivered to put onto the letterman jacket. By providing you with a faster turnover time, we make it possible for you to improve your cash flow cycle and experience happier customers.
How Chenille Appeal Can Make Your Wholesale Varsity Jacket Business Easier and Simpler
When you are an authorized Chenille Appeal dealer, you have several choices. You can continue to use your existing varsity jacket supplier and we will work with them to coordinate your wholesale chenille order with your varsity jacket order. Alternatively, you can save money and do one-stop-shopping by buying both your varsity jackets and your custom chenille awards from us on a single purchase order. In many cases, this can lead to less work for you, as well as higher profit margins on your letterman jacket sales due to your ability to cut out at least one freight-in charge since you will be working with us as a single vendor.
More Information On Becoming a Chenille Appeal Dealer
If you are interested in improving the performance of your wholesale varsity jacket program, we recommend reading Increasing Your Letterman Jacket Profits. For more information on Chenille Appeal, LLC and how we have become a successful provider of wholesale varsity jacket awards, read How We Became a Leading Wholesale Chenille Company.
If you have any questions, you can contact our customer service department. If you are ready to begin adding these great products to your retail store, or wish to place a large wholesale order, you can read our dealer requirements.